Monday, February 17, 2014

Holy KBIS!!

Holy KBIS!!

What a whirlwind the last couple weeks have been! I've taken the past week to catch up on real life and then Atlanta decided to have our second snow/ice storm this winter, so I figure now is as good a time as any to fill you in on my recent trip to the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) in Las Vegas! 

The main reason I went out to the show was to accept an award given by the NKBA to the top 30 kitchen & bath professionals under the age of 30 in the US and Canada. I was honored to be a part of this group before I got to Vegas, but even more after meeting the other 29 honorees! I can honestly say that I made some amazing friends on this trip!!

I'll get into more of that later, but now, I have been bursting to share some of the great products and trends that I saw at the show.

Vent-a-Hood
In many kitchens, the range/cooktop has become a focal point in the space. Vent-a-Hood is making this desire so much easier for the homeowner. Using the 'Build-a-Hood' program on their website, the designer and/or homeowner can literally create their own custom hood. You select the style, decorative accents, finish material, etc. In a time where we LOVE options, this seems like the perfect choice to give your kitchen something that isn't readily available in stores!

So, I'm pretty sure if Dorothy Gale had to pick out a bathroom vanity, this ruby red beauty would be the winner! I'd be thinking 'there's no place like home' if I had this! The high-gloss finish is absolutely stunning in person. I'm picturing this vanity in a mostly black and white space that would allow this piece to be the WOW factor. As I've mentioned before, one of the biggest design trends that you'll be seeing this year are "color pops". The Sonnet vanity from LUXE is definitely on-trend if you ask me!

Urban Ironcraft
These metal vanity bases from Urban Ironcraft are such a unique look. I may be SLIGHTLY partial to this design since I just stenciled an entire wall  in my house with it!

Here's another from their collection. I really love the look of the cool metal base with the warm, rich wood countertop. It has this industrial farmhouse vibe to it which is crazy popular right now. That was one of the overall trends that I saw at the show: A pairing between rustic and modern aesthetics working together in the same space. 

Photo Credit: Vahallan Papers
I happened upon the Vahallan booth as I was walking out of the show on the last day, and I'm so glad I did. These wall coverings are HAND PAINTED and all are manufactured in Lincoln, Nebraska. The interesting thing about this product is that, unlike wall coverings in the past, they have created a process that allows for an easy repair in the future if it's necessary. They have so many amazing collections and "Sidon" (shown above) is just one of many. While I do think the days of floral-printed wallpaper are behind us (insert sigh of relief), a wall covering like this is fresh and modern!

Overall, what an amazing trip it was. I'm already planning on going back next year for KBIS 2015! I want to give a big THANK YOU to the NKBA for selecting me as part of their '30 Under 30' program. 

... And now I present ... the KBIS 2014 blooper reel!!!




Once KBIS was over, I finished up my time in Vegas with my Mom and sister. We had a blast... Sex and the City slot machines, Zarkana, The Palm... you name it. We did it. Thanks to both of them for following through on their promise that if I was selected as a '30 Under 30' that they would leave the men at home and have a girls' weekend with me in Vegas!! 




40 Under 40.... Here I come (...in a few years that is...)

No comments:

Post a Comment