Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year, New Adventures!

New Year, New Adventures, New Projects!

Whew... what a whirlwind the last two weeks have been! A trip to New Jersey for Christmas, a Great Gatsby-themed New Years celebration, and now it's back to the grind of beautifying the world one kitchen and bath at a time! Below you'll see the beginning of a Master Bathroom transformation I'm working on, but first, I have some homework for you!!

I posted a few months ago about being selected to participate in the National Kitchen & Bath Association's "30 Under 30" program. Well, I am officially one month (to the day... not that I'm counting or anything) away from being whisked away to Las Vegas to bring you the most current trends and products in the kitchen and bath industry. What are the hot new colors? Are black and white appliances making a come back? What minor updates can give you the biggest bang for your design buck? All of these questions and more will be answered while I'm on this trip! 

SO, what I need from you is this... email me at aCLeaRdesign1@gmail.com with the following: 
What questions do you have when it comes to remodeling, or design in general? Are there any products you're curious about?

I am going to have so many resources at arms-length when I'm at this conference and want to be sure I am giving you all that you want to hear!
_________________________________________________________________

Alright, on to the fun stuff! I have a Master Bathroom renovation underway that is going to be absolutely amaaaazing! It should be done by early February and I want to invite you to be a part of this transformation! I'll be taking you step-by-step through the design process, finish selections, and eventually, the completed project.

When I met with these clients initially, they mentioned that they were inspired to call Renewal Design-Build based on a project that I had previously worked on (which of course had me loving them right away- hehe)! They live in a more traditional home, but wanted to bring some contemporary flair into their Master Suite. After discussing ideas and overall vision for the space, I went to the drawing board and came up with a couple different concepts.

Current Floor Plan: 
Here are some of the goals. The homeowners wanted to gain more closet space, increase the size of the shower, and maintain a bathtub (if possible).

Design Concept #1: 
This plan relocates most of the plumbing fixtures in the space. It creates a large shower and yet still allows space for a bathtub. The existing landing next to the stairs was "dead space" that I decided to take over as a secondary closet. The existing bathroom and bedroom remain the same size and yet are so much more efficient. 



Design Concept #2: 
No, you aren't seeing things. The entire Master Suite flip-flops in this option. This creates an enormous Master Closet (Sex and the City style) as well as a tub/shower room (see renderings below). The plan gives ample vanity space and puts the Master Bedroom in the back of house. 




What typically happens during the conceptual design presentations is that parts and pieces from each plan are combined to create "THE PLAN". This project was no different. From Concept #1, they liked the bathroom/bedroom remaining in their current locations as well as taking over the landing space for the second Master Closet. From Concept #2, they loved the idea of a tub/shower room and a longer vanity space. It was up to me to put on my thinking cap and make these changes happen. See the final floor plan below!!

Final Floor Plan:
Voila!! And there you have it!  This is the final floor plan for this project and it's literally being built as I type this! A lot of Master Bathrooms have those enormous corner bathtubs that take up so much space, and this bath was no different. By removing that tub, I was able to create the tub/shower room that the client wanted so much! Relocating the vanities allowed for almost 9 ft of counter space. 



That takes us through the conceptual design phase of this project! Next time, we'll discuss the finish selections process and all of the phenomenal materials that will be used in this space. Shortly after that, you'll see the finished space... it will blow you away!

Happy New Year!!!

1 comment: